Thursday, September 19, 2013

Homemade Ice Pack

I've seen quite a few "recipes" if you will, on how to make a homemade icepack, and most call for 2 cups of water and 1 cup of rubbing alcohol. I added a bit more water to mine because it wasn't really freezing. Maybe my rubbing alcohol was stronger than normal.... Not sure.  I also added a couple drops of blue food colouring. A great way to get rid of it, as I will never use it for actual food after discovering how bad it is! Just wanted to share :) 


You will need:

1 cup rubbing alcohol
2-3 cups water
3-4 drops blue food colouring (optional)
2 large ziplock bags

Mix all ingredients in one ziplock bag. Push all the air out and seal (don't suck it out... haha... the fumes are strong!). Then place inside the second bag (just in case it leaks). Place in freezer for a few hours. If it doesn't seem to be freezing at all, just add a little more water. If its freezing too much, add more rubbing alcohol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment