Thursday, October 13, 2011

Apple Cinnamon Loaf

For Thanksgiving, I made a delicious Pumpkin Gingerbread Loaf, and it turned out amazingly. I'll be posting pics/links etc of my Thanksgiving dinner very soon. Anyways, I had also made another recipe that required 1 tablespoon of applesauce, for which I had to open a whole jar. Needless to say, I wanted to make use of the rest of the jar so it didn't go to waste. I started thinking about the Pumpkin Gingerbread Loaf, and began to manipulate the recipe in my head so that it would include the excess applesauce I had on hand. This is how my Apple Cinnamon Loaf came to be. It's baking in the oven right now, so let's hope it turns out! I'll let you know before I post this ;) Well I just took it out of the oven and sampled it, and it it delicious! So go ahead and try it!:)





You will need:
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup raw sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1+ 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 chia egg (I ground my chia seeds. 1 tablespoon chia + 3 tablespoons water)
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1+1/4 cups applesauce (unsweetened)
1/3 cup canola oil
1 apple, peeled and chopped (I used a Gala apple)
3/4 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a 9" loaf pan and set aside.
Toast walnuts for approximately 10 minutes on a cookie sheet. Just be sure not to burn them.
Combine 1 tablespoon of  ground chia with 3 tablespoons water and set aside (you want it to become slimy and jelly-ish.

Chia "egg" mixture

In a large bowl, combine all of your wet ingredients (applesauce, maple syrup, oil, and chia egg), plus the chopped apple and walnuts. In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.




Bake at 350 for approximately 55 minutes, or until you can insert a toothpick/knife and it comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment