Thursday, January 20, 2011

Easy Vegan Caesar Dressing

If you are vegetarian or vegan, and love caesar salad, this recipe is for you! Traditional caesar dressing contains anchovies or anchovy paste, so obviously it isn't acceptable for vegans or vegetarians. I have made this a few times for my caesar salad loving boyfriend, and each time he is amazed by how much it tastes like the original. Plus it doesn't contain any cholesterol, eggs, or dairy, so it's good for those who are trying to avoid cholesterol, or for those who have an egg or dairy allergy. I don't have a picture of the dressing on it's own, but we made "chick'n" caesar wraps the other night, so I have a picture of the whole shebang:)

You will need:

1/2 cup Vegenaise (or your favorite vegan mayo)
1 teaspoon stone ground mustard
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
2-3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed through a garlic press
1/2 teaspoon vegan worcestershire
small pinch of sea salt
pepper to taste (I put about 1 tsp, but I like pepper)
1/2 tablespoon vegan parm (optional)

Place all ingredients into a blender (or I used a magic bullet), and blend for about 1 to 2 minutes. You want all ingredients to be well  incorporated. Easy peasy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment