Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Question to You


Yesterday I was on Facebook, and came across a post where someone was asking where the best place to buy Ugg boots was. I had recently been reading that apparently it takes 8 sheep (wool and skin) to make one pair of Ugg boots. So I commented on her post and let her know this, and that there are many fake versions of these boot on the market that are cruelty free. Sometimes people are not aware of the cruelty that goes on for some of their beloved possessions, and when they become aware, they think twice. Unfortunately that wasn't the case with the Ugg boots. She told me "Oh honey, that's where we differ;)". Ok, I tried..... and obviously that wasn't the response I was hoping for, but it raises this question; Why do we choose to buy things that bring harm to another living being, when there are countless other cruelty free options available?  I guess the same question can go for eating meat. Why do we eat meat? Do we eat it because it tastes good? Do we eating it because we just can't live without it? Do we think that we need it to survive? Or do we eat it just because we can? It's actually been proven that humans live a longer, healthier life, with less instance of disease when they choose a plant based diet. So if we know that we can live longer, be healthier, AND be more humane while doing so, why do we still choose to eat meat? Not to mention that eating a plant based diet is far better for the environment. These are my questions to you. I believe that life is precious, life is short, and death is final. So because of this, I choose to try and do my best not to take the lives of other living creatures. What's your take?

No comments:

Post a Comment