Wednesday, October 9, 2013

3 ingredient cookies... Well 8 ingredient in my case!

I'm sure most of you have seen the recipes for these 3 ingredient cookies using mashed bananas and oats. This is my interpretation :) I often use recipes like this to incorporate healthy foods like hemp hearts and chia seeds into my kids diet. They are quite picky right now, so I'll take any chance I can get! They aren't super sweet, and may not satisfy an adults sweet tooth (like mine which is waaaay off balance right now), but they are great for kids. You could even add some chocolate chips for an extra treat :) 



1 cup quick oats
2 ripe bananas (medium)
1/4 cup hemp hearts
1/4 cup raisins
2 tbsp ground chia seeds
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt 

Preheat oven to 350. 
Mash bananas until smooth. Add all other ingredients and mix until combined. Spoon onto cookie sheet (either greased or lined with parchment paper), using a tablespoon (should make about 16 cookies). Slightly flatten cookies using a fork and bake for 15 minutes at 350. You want them to be firm and just starting to get a golden brown hue to them. Once cool, store in an airtight container. 

No comments:

Post a Comment